Bichara e Motta Advogados was the very first law firm in Latin America to establish a seat specialized in sports and entertainment. The firm is nowadays comprised of skilled attorneys with extensive experience in the sports area. The team is familiarized with the most frequent market transactions to ensure its clients always receive high quality and personalized services, being one of the most active and recognized worldwide for its outstanding services. Our sports and entertainment team has been repeatedly recognized by both Whos’Who Legal and Chambers & Partners for its services in the sports fields.
Relying on the flexibility of a taylor-made-law-firm, Bichara e Motta Advogados is prepared to fulfill the demands of athletes, agents, clubs, federations, sports governing bodies, investment funds and companies involved in the sports business.
The firm has an innovative way of offering preventive consultancy, by providing consultation, advice and corporate and labor planning to its customers, as well as a remarkable role in litigation and dispute resolution, working on contractual, commercial, disciplinary and doping issues. Noteworthy are the following services:
- Representing clients in disputes before FIFA, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and international sports federations such as: equestrian sports (FEI), athletics (IAAF), volleyball (FIVB), basketball (FIBA), tennis (ATP), judo (IJF) among others;
- Expertise in contractual and disciplinary disputes, involving doping, match fixing, fraud in sport, issues related to sports bodies’ governance, eligibility and selection of athletes in sports competitions;
- Assistance in several sports, primarily football. equestrian sports, voleyball, basketball, tennis, athletics and motorsports;
- National and international transfers of athletes;
- Negotiating economic and federative rights of players;
- Structuring of investments in football;
- Drafting contracts of employment, sponsor and athletes’ image release, use and exploitation;
- Drafting sponsor contracts and brand licensing contracts;
- Drafting and revising sports federations’ statutes;
- Negotiating broadcast of sporting events contracts;
- Drafting sponsorship contracts for clubs, tournaments, and projects for financing sport organizations;
Advice regarding tax incentive mechanisms in Brazil and abroad for holding sporting events (Brazilian Sports Incentive Law).